Cannabis products have been a huge hit owing to their effectiveness. After CBD pet products were released, kitty owners started turning to CBD as a natural remedy for their cat’s ailments. CBD is a one of the cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. CBD products don’t cause any psychoactive effects on pets, which makes it an attractive choice of medication.
CBD and cats:
A cat’s body comprises of an Endocannabioid System (ECS) which is responsible for regulating many functions of the cat including mood, appetite, sleep etc. An imbalance in the ECS causes health issues. CBD works by interacting with the receptors present in the cat’s ECS and balances the ECS.
Other feline owners who have tried CBD for their pet have found CBD to be highly beneficial. If you are seeking CBD for pets, check out ‘petcbdco.com’. It is your one-stop destination for CBD products for pets and a top choice among many pet owners. They make prompt deliveries. Contact their team if you want to know more about their specific products.
How does CBD benefit cats?
- Joint pain and arthritis: Arthritis cause decreased mobility, lack of energy and constant joint pain. Over 60% of cats aged 6 and above and over 82% of cats aged 16 and above suffer from joint pain. The anti-inflammatory property of CBD eases joint pain and CBD desensitizes the pain receptors in the brain thus reducing perception of pain level.
- Stress and anxiety: Cat owners are well aware that even some minor changes in lifestyle, poor human-cat relationships and conflicts with other pets can cause their cat to feel anxious. Prolonged stress is accompanied by symptoms like behavioral issues and declined health. CBD balances cortisol (stress hormones) thereby regulating mood.
- Poor eating habit: A healthy eating habit is essential for the well-being of cats. Dental problems, mood-related disorders, change in environment or change in feeding time are possible causes of poor appetite. CBD is found to boost appetite in cats. You don’t have to worry about your cats getting insufficient nutrition.
- Behavioral issues: Do you find your cat often grumpy? It could be due to unbalance hormones or lack of energy. CBD reacts with the ECS, balances hormone levels and helps in regulating mood.
- Epileptic seizures: Abnormal electrochemical activity in the brain causes seizures. The intensity and frequency of seizures vary between cats. CBD has displayed promising results in treating seizures in cats.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: This is accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting and decreased appetite. CBD helps with easing these side effects.
Possible side effects:
The side effects reported are far and few and include:
- Increased appetite
- Allergic reactions to CBD (rare)
The choice of product maximizes the effectiveness of the product. Not all CBD products are made the same way and not all are of superior quality. Choose only a reputable company to purchase CBD products.
Incorporate CBD into your kitty’s daily diet and improve her quality of life. CBD leaves your pet healthier and happier.